Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjkcohen
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2013

Finally, the official OpenVPN client for Android has arrived, and I've nearly gotten everything set for my first session. The only problem is that when I try to import the certificate file, the app asks me for a password with which to extract the certificates. Is there a way of determining this password, or is this yet another hurdle to getting onto the VPN?
    • CommentAuthorjimmyok
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013

I am currently travelling and using a lot of internet cafes etc with my nexus 7, I have tried desperately to configure openvpn also but i cannot import the .p12 file needed.

so i downloaded the windows zip file and used the .ovpn file which worked great, but it then requires the .p12 file

I tried converting the key and crt file to .p12 using this command.. guess we are out of luck.

openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey alwaysvpn-ta.key -in alwaysvpn2_ca.crt -certfile ca.crt -out alwaysvpn.p12
    unable to load private key
    22572:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:/SourceCache/OpenSSL098/OpenSSL098-47/src/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:648:Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY

$openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey alwaysvpn-ta.key -in alwaysvpn2_ca.crt -certfile ca.crt -out alwaysvpn.p12
    unable to load private key
    22573:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:n
    • CommentAuthorjkcohen
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013

Thank you for your experiment. Even though it did not succeed, it moves the question from Android compatibility, which our VPN provider cannot help with due to his lack of a suitable device, to that of the keyfiles he has provided. I don't want to presume, but It may be that he may now be in a better position to help us, i.e., by generating a well-formed .p12 file and including it with his distribution. This would solve the issue of how to get AlwaysVPN running on Android, which I am sure will become more a more prevalent one with time.
    • CommentAuthoracktarus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014

Any news on Android files??